old post office
202 Main Street
This is the site of the original United States Post Office for Fort Mill. In later years it was the home of The Knife Shop and has recently undergone renovations to make the building suitable to house a restaurant. On the side of the building next to Confederate Street it's still possbile to see where the large mail carts were brought into the building. Past postmasters include Walter Barron from 1929 until 1940, Jessie Harris from 1940 until 1950, and Willie Nims from 1950 until 1965.