204 Main Street
Fort Mill's very first movie theater opened its doors in this space in 1914. B.W. Bradford started his theater under a tent on Confederate Street to see if anyone would come. They did come, and he moved it indoors to this building. After several years at this location, he moved it again to a new spot on Confederate Street. Lifelong Fort Mill resident Mary Sue Wolfe remembers that around the time it moved back to Confederate Street the cost for admission plus popcorn and a drink was 25 cents. The building was later home to a hardware store run by proprietor W.B. (Dub) McFadden and the Easy Pay Store, run by R.W. (Dick) Adkins.
On May 6, 1915 the Fort Mill Times reported, "The management of the Majestic Theatre, the town's picture show, announces that the show will be in operation three nights each week."