Smythe's grocery Store
208 Main Street
Smythe's Grocery Store, owned by proprietor Mae Smythe, did business at this address from 1929 until 1946. Mae could be found sitting outside the store watching the customers come and go. She sold the business to Elliott Crane in 1946 and he ran Crane's Cash and Carry here for many years.
This was one of numerous grocery stores along Fort Mill's Main Street. In April of 1921, the grocery store of B.C. Ferguson advertised that, "Prices are plainly marked - first class fresh groceries."