Martin's Drug Store
213 Main Street
Popular Martin's Drug Store was one of the places local teens liked to congregate after school. It boasted one of two soda fountains on Main Street. W. H. Martin was the owner. A local doctor maintained an office in the back of the store and it has also been home to law offices, meeting space for the Veterans of Foreign Wars, and a beauty shop. Today it is still a gathering place for socializing and refreshment as the home of Hobo's restaurant.
The Fort Mill Times of Feb. 26, 1920 stated, “Dr. W.H. Martin, who for several months has been the prescription clerk at the Lytle Drug Co., has bought an interest in the company. Before entering the service as a Lt., in 1917, Dr. Martin for several years conducted a drug store in Rock Hill, which he sold shortly after the U.S. declared war on Germany.”