Munn's Department Store
225 Main Street
This space began as a home for Munn's Department Store under the management of proprietor Ezra Munn. When the store closed, next-door neighbor Belk Brown expanded into the space and occupied two storefronts. Later, Bill Stroup opened Stroup's Department Store here. It was a temporarty location for Martin's Drug Store after their building was destroyed by fire.
The Fort Mill Times reported on Sept. 9, 1903 - "The Old Reliable Store, W.H. Belk, Prop." and Mr. J.W. Elms has accepted a position in T.H. Belk's Mercantile and has bought the house of Mr. Bradford, Sr., on Booth Street. Mr. Bradford will build a new house further out the street opposite the house of W. H. Harris."